Existing Member?

Discovering Little Tibet

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [808] | Scholarship Entry

We wanted to make a film about the adventures awaiting people where they already live to show that meaningful experiences don’t require leaving home. Having lived in Toronto all our lives, we wanted to experience something that neither of us had done before, so TIBETAN culture it was! Stung by the prospect of learning about a new culture and perhaps tasting delicious new cuisine, we set off to discover Tibetan-Canadian culture.
We met at our film program at University and have collaborated on a number of short films through school- some have gone to film festivals, and some have stayed hidden in our desk drawers. But if chosen, this will be our very first project post-graduation! And what better way than to make travel films for World Nomads? What we love about the scholarship is the opportunity to be mentored by an established filmmaker. As emerging filmmakers, we’re looking to take our love of the craft to the next level. What really drives us is telling stories, no matter where they come from. We want to communicate and draw people closer together with films. The whole world is a story and we want to share it.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About elainepoon

NY Central Park 2012

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.