Existing Member?

The society from a different perspective

DREAM

EGYPT | Thursday, 8 May 2014 | Views [171] | Scholarship Entry

I’ll never forget that day when i was nothing but just a little kid sitting next to his father at a public cafe, and for those who do think that a cafe is just a place to sit down and have a drink I’m sorry to say that you guys are wrong because the idea of a cafe can change from one place to another from an era to another and most definitely from one country to another.
it all started when my dad came to pick me up from school when i was at my 3rd grade my dad was a salesman he was waiting for a customer to show up in a place near my school that's why he picked me up at that day, and then we sat in a cafe right on the highway where there is nothing enjoyable at all but cars exhaust flying all the way up to the sky i tried to make something enjoyable while my dad was talking to the customer so i started watching the people next to us how they look like, what they are talking about, why they are here, and what's so enjoyable about this place that i can't even relate to, minutes passed dad was done it was time to go back home i took the last sip of my banana milk juice and took a final look at this weird place that i have failed as i child to uncover its secret.
10 years has passed faces has changed I have changed been through a lot ups and downs joy and misery, but this same place, chairs are the same, same TV, same bartender, same trees , same radio channel so what is the difference.
oh I see now I was mere child whose life was simple a book or a paper kite would have made my day I was using my brain as a child to discover secrets of this life, of what is revolving around me in my little environment of mysteries trying to unfold them but not anymore , i have realized what has changed among those years it's me I’m the one who changed and realized that this public cafe isn't just a cafe it's life , yes it's life the people who were talking around me when i was a child turned out to be me and my friends in the near future , we are just a bunch of survivors that escaped the shipwreck of the rigid stress sea of life and we landed on the shores of the cafe ,it’s safe because there we talk laugh share support and understand the reasons that led us into this. When i think about the current economic and political situations that we are going through right now i ask myself is it fair to be born in a place where you have all this amazing ideas and these beautiful paintings but you can't draw you can't talk and all what you can do is just a DREAM..

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About el2ahwa


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Egypt

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.