Existing Member?

I Made It

Dreams Do Come True

THAILAND | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [165] | Scholarship Entry

Kissed by a Greek God a perfectly sculptured man who loves himself enough to eat colorfully and train hard every day so basically everybody just looks ugly next to him. I trained with a Swedish monster who taught me priceless life lessons. I was terrified when I fell off while rafting trying to save the girl next to me from falling off how ironic and had to cling for my life for minutes until we reached slower waters got scraped up real bad but whatever scars heal memories last forever. I bathed with elephants where I barely dodged one enormous poop. Shared a bus with people from 6 continents and it was without a doubt epic and it’s too hard for me to put my experience down in words. You can be absolutely sure I’m going to try my best to tell you how my life completely changed! Joining the weight loss program I expected to see people whom share my goals. To my surprise walked in on my first day and everyone training at the center can be on the cover of Sports Illustrated. You can only imagine how I felt at that moment like a huge walking talking pile of meat amongst what could be called textbook human specimen. In a second I let my dream get crushed and my whole adventure started to seem like a lost cause. But I had a choice. The choice! Everybody goes through the same dilemma every day. Choosing between what’s good/hard but exceedingly worth it for you or the easy way out which in most cases as expected is never as good for you. I manned up it was a now or never moment. Indeed I made it a now one and it was my victorious moment! Showed up trained hard and ate healthy every day learned and grew by the day. Some days were better than others, but I was fortunate enough to always have my Swedish mentor a brown belt instructor of MMA and accordingly a BJJ master too right next to me. The gracefully muscled and extremely white Swedish monster rightfully earned his nickname after exhibiting abnormal strength, stamina and most importantly patience.In the duration of 6 months where I deeply fell in love with a colorful culture and endless rain I was successful in losing 40 kg. Farewell obesity hello slightly overweight 10 more kg to go for my goal. Only came back because I ran out of luck. Got into a motorbike accident ended up with a concussion a couple of stitches the usual scrapes and a fractured scapula I was to wear a sling for 6 weeks followed by physical therapy. That forced me into early retirement. I have no regrets because I had the time of my life.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About egyptian-princess


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.