Existing Member?

Because Life Has Been Narrated

Catching a Moment - Traveling For Heritages

VIETNAM | Monday, 1 April 2013 | Views [307] | Scholarship Entry

Doing a trip is expensive things in my life. I have a big passion to do traveling. But I need to prepare for a trip in long time. I need to save money and check the dates when I have a plan to go and booked my annual leave. I do traveling to several cities in my country. But, in last January I had a chance to go abroad, I went to Vietnam.
I was very excited when I knew that I have been chosen to follow International Environment Camp and I have a chance to go to Hanoi and Ha Long Bay for free. Since it was my first experience to go abroad, I put many expectations to have a great journey. And somehow it was not as smooth as I want. But still have an impression. I met more than a hundred youth around the world in that camp. I’ve learned how to save our heritages from the destruction and how to make they aware that a traveling is not just about to feast but also to contribute in saving your world. I may make a good relation with some friends from any country and it was very interested.
I came to Hanoi and Ha Long Bay when the weather was so cold for me as tropic man. Somehow I love the 9 C temperature that I cannot get in Jakarta. Actually, Vietnam has similar foods with Indonesia but different in taste. It felt a bit strange in my tongue but I love their coffee. In Vietnam I felt the difference atmosphere. Their building quite different with Jakarta. I found many old designs of building. But proficiency of English language of Vietnamese are less cause difficulties in communication.
The International Environment Camp made this traveling feel different. It was not just about you come into a place and enjoy your holiday, but this contain a mission. Vietnam, especially Ha Long Bay has beautiful heritages. Unfortunately, the people are not aware. This camp held to make them aware that they have to protect their heritages as well as protect their life. We came to Ha Long bay and met some people there, we talked to them, we discuss, we made a charity, we showed the art performance to attract them. Nevertheless we tried to remind them that the place is theirs, they responsible for their sustainability.

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2013

About egaishere


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.