Existing Member?

Elliot Harrison

Scandamania: Gods of Ice and Fire

UNITED KINGDOM | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [226] | Scholarship Entry

I have been focused on the idea of being a film maker since the age of twelve when me and my classmates made our first short film in his backgarden, borrowing his mothers camera and laptop to edit on. the film was nothing amazing but to us it sparked a passion that hasn't stopped since.

Throughout my life so far I have been to lots of different countries that have always stuck in my mind. I can remember seeing the huge Viking ships in Norway and imagining the great battles that would of happened at sea and having huge hail stones falling from the sky outside our hotel room in Denmark. I can also never forget the awe inspiring glaciers in Iceland or the beautiful Northern lights which seemed all to magical to the 10 year old me.

For the past year I've been toying with the idea of buying a camera, going travelling and recording the entire experience from start to end showing people where I go and what I can find out in the world, something that I wish I had done from the very first holiday I went on. Not knowing where to start or what to expect however has made the dream take longer to fullfill.

With the help of World Nomads, if I was to be chosen for this oppurtunity it would be an incredible experience and not only something that I would never forget but hopefully something that could start off my future as a film maker by showing the world how much passion and commitment I can put into my films.

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

About edingburgh


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.