Existing Member?

Ed does the AA This the account of Ed Powell, a man in his 20s exploring SE Asia and Auckland. My moto - "Bringing the world together, 1 step at a time"

Vang Vien - Cambodia in a nutshell

CAMBODIA | Monday, 23 July 2007 | Views [762] | Comments [5]

Fist things first, thanks for your blogs on the last entry, I am spreading much love around the world.  Secondly spelling - I admit myself I'm crap.  I don't have time to check but we all know what I'm getting @ (ok that "at" was on purpose) so for this entire entry Im going to purposely spell bad and see if you can still read it. 

So I left Luang Probang last Tuesday and what can I say, its been a highlight.  Anyone who enters Laos should now do t0o things, the gibbon experience and Vang Vien.   WHy I hear you cry from rainey England 3 things - Friends, Family Guy and more importantly - Tubing!  Tubing sounds like a sexual act but is actual watersport.  basically you sit in a rubber ring, let the river pull you down stream, and when you see a bar you like you get of and by a beer for 50p.  At each bar you have different rope swings that throw you out into the river.  This goes on all afternoon untill it gets dark.  Won thing I noticed was at each bar the testosterone levels grew and grew as men challenged each other to try different tricks.  If there were cameras rolling you'd think it was top gun 2.

SO after staying in Vang Vien for 1 extra day, I departed from Vientienne where I would get a fligt to Siem Riep - home of Ankor Wat. Hear we met up with some friends from Koh Tao and chilled for a couple of days (bear was 25p).  After a couple of days I went to Ankor Wat which was truely incredible.  Its massive!  I'll upload pics soon.

After Siem Riep I travelled to Phnom Pehn where I met up with the Koh Tao guys and am staying at a guest house that borders onto the mekong river.  Yesterday we had an intense day seeing the killing fields and the prison where they tortured an killed over 2 million people but I'll save this topic for when I get back.  Can't really some it up in 20mins.

(Alan Partridge please take note now) Tomorrow I'm to volunteer for a few days doing stuff.  Deciding what I'm going to be doing tonight but Ill let you all know once I've decided.

Got to go but Ill blog again shortly.


Have fun ripping this email abart.

Whats next...

Ed

Tags: Good Times!

Comments

1

I miss you Teddy!

  Fuffy Jul 27, 2007 1:50 AM

2

Here we go again!

  Hairy Brian Jul 27, 2007 7:07 PM

3

Ed of the jungle, watch out for that tree!!
Missed you at our Newbury gig mate.

  Andy Jul 30, 2007 5:10 AM

4

Oi! Hairy Brian! What makes you think that Fuffy isn't my real name?

  Fuffy Jul 30, 2007 9:02 PM

5

Who in their right mind would call themselves Fuffy?!

  Hairy Brian Jul 31, 2007 4:41 AM

About edd_powell


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.