Existing Member?

capturing passion in pieces

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 13 June 2011 | Views [307] | Scholarship Entry

I love stories. My first story I created was of a prince and a princess when I was 8 years old. Yet I only later realized the difference between fiction and non-fiction and the fact that there are some stories that must be told. It created a hunger in me to expose unrighteousness and seek the truth.

My fate led me to a place with neither electricity nor running water. My documentary was made in the couple of hours our generator was switched on at night and with no formal training, I used my handycam and windows moviemaker on my laptop to finish one of my stories. In the making of the documentary I was also caught in a tropical thunderstorm which destroyed my camera, yet it has only taught me to persevere. Because there will always be challenges, we must just decide to use that which we have learned as keys to overcome the next challenge.

I am positive, hard-working and flexible and one reason why I believe I should be chosen is the fact that I am extremely hungry to learn from men and women who will teach me what they have learned in their stories of life.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About edbeukes


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.