Existing Member?

The Long Journey Home Mountains, rivers and lakes. Sun, sea and sand. Rain, ferns and Kiwis. Snow, ice and glaciers. Tramp, trail and road run. Adventure....

Puerto Natales to El Calafate

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 26 March 2015 | Views [310]

Today we took a six hour bus ride to El Calafate and crossed the border back in to Argentina. The crossing was at cerro castillo into the santa cruz region of Argentina.  Lunch was at Isobel restaurant.  We ordered a few speciality dishes to share between all of us.  Patagonian lamb, chicken , pork and steak cooked in a traditional way under ground. We looked around the town and got some dulcie de leche ice cream.  Anna and I went to look at Los Glacieres National Park centre and there we saw a short cinematographic film of the icefields which was stunning.

After this we walked down to the lago argentina and saw a pink and black Chilean Flamingo flying over. We walked along by the lake and the nature reserve and waited for the sunset which was intense.  The evening was spent inside the very lovely hosteria cauquene where those of us who were hungry ate rustica potatoes and empanadas. 

Tags: on the road. lake

 

About e_c_whittome


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.