Existing Member?

The Long Journey Home Mountains, rivers and lakes. Sun, sea and sand. Rain, ferns and Kiwis. Snow, ice and glaciers. Tramp, trail and road run. Adventure....

Torres del Paine National Park, Day Two

CHILE | Monday, 23 March 2015 | Views [323]

Today we had a leisurely start which was good as we had time to explore the area where the campsite was and indulge in the photography. Breakfast was sumptuous! We were still up early though as we wanted to see the sunrise over the towers, and would you believe it, another clear sky and perfect day! Sunrise was beautiful turning the granite of the peaks pink. It was an easy 12kim walk along between the lake and the cuernos del Paine. Our destination was next to the lake - refugio el cerno.  This is essentially a hut, but a very luxurious one.  There was an option to get a three course dinner there and buy alcohol and other drinks - of course we were participating in both of these! They had dorm rooms, and eight of us all from our group were in my room.  There were two triple bunks which were really precarious with no side to stop you falling out.  However we all survived the very comfortable night.  We even had a bottom sheet and a pillow provided as well as another hot shower! 

Tags: hiking, lake, mountains

 

About e_c_whittome


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Chile

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.