Existing Member?

The Long Journey Home Mountains, rivers and lakes. Sun, sea and sand. Rain, ferns and Kiwis. Snow, ice and glaciers. Tramp, trail and road run. Adventure....

Havelock and Nelson

NEW ZEALAND | Friday, 9 January 2015 | Views [359]

This morning I was up a bit earlier as the sun was shining and I was keen to get out for a run.  I decided to run back up the track as it is a really nice wide and easy trail. I did 6km to Davies Bay clearing and back in just over half an hour.  I would have liked to run for longer but I had to be packed, showered and out and we had lost the power at some point over night.  Boiling water was done on the BBQ.  Breakfast was a banana. I got a ride to Havelock around lunchtime and booked a seat on the intercity to Nelson which left me just enough time for lunch in Havelock, the Green Mussel Capital of the World apparently.  The bus took me through beautiful scenery, past Pelorus, through wooded hills. It was only a short hop to Nelson, a city close to my heart.  Once here the isite organised me a couple of trips and the library provided me with some much needed wifi while I awaited my friend Sarah to finish work and pick me up.  Tonight and tomorrow I will be staying with her, so I will be escaping the backpackers for a couple of nights.  Tonight I can look forward to a family BBQ, and the weather is suitably hot.  Nelson is looking mighty fine I must say... 

 

About e_c_whittome


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.