Existing Member?

¿Que?

2.5 Days till Departure

USA | Thursday, 28 August 2008 | Views [293] | Comments [2]

First - Thanks for all of the encouraging emails and comments:-) It's nice to feel supported!

Only 2.5 days until departure! I fly out of NYC on Saturday, through Houston, and then straight into Puebla. I don't think I've mentioned the travel plan yet, so I'll do that now.

WEEK ONE: When I arrive in Puebla, I'll be staying there for a week before beginning language school. During that week I'll be learning all about Juconi. Then, during the month that I'm at language school, we'll be figuring out exactly what it is that I'll be doing for work!

WEEKS 2 to 5: After the week in Puebla, I'll go to Cuernavaca for language school. I'd say that my Spanish is pretty weak at this point. I took several years of Spanish in high school and college but have never really been forced to use it, so I'm looking forward to seeing how much comes magically back to me! I've been listening to a free podcast called Coffee Break Spanish to help refresh my memory. It's great! It's free, it's good instruction, and they are teaching you right out of Scotland so they have some really fun accents! We'll see if the hours of walking around with my headphones on and talking to myself have paid off when I arrive in Puebla. It can't hurt!

WEEKS 6+: After four weeks of language school in Cuernavaca I'll head back to Puebla where I'll remain until next summer.

There it is - that's the general plan!

Comments

1

Jen let me know you've started a blog. Great idea! I've enjoyed reading the posts so far, and I look forward to reading lots more. I hope you have a safe journey to Puebla and lots of life-affirming adventures once you're there.

  John Aug 30, 2008 1:58 AM

2

Hola amiga, you should be enjoying your first few dias in Puebla by now. Espero que todo esta bien and that you get to your blog sometime soon! Be safe :) Spanglish until the espanol gets mejor ;)

  Linda Sep 2, 2008 11:56 AM

About e-face_in_mx


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.