Existing Member?

Trip with Jen Smile we are in Thailand!

Finding Zen in Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Friday, 26 August 2011 | Views [686]

Upon our arrival in Chiang Mai after a short flight from Bangkok we were wished away by taxi to an incredible hotel called The Chedi which is on the Ping River.  It is a truly amazing place that no words can describe. You need to experience. When we arrived the staff led to a sitting area in then lobby is open on two sides to the outside.  They gave us cold scented wash clothes and a delicious welcome drink while they checked us into our room.  The room was amazing, an oasis from the hustle of the city. It had a private balcony with two large lounger beds. Although we loved our room we ventured out int Chaing Mai to see three temples in the old city. We took a local bus which is a truck with an open camper on the back with bench seating.    Wat Chedi Luang which had an incredible ruin of a very old Chedi, Wat Phra Singh and Wat Chaing Man.    The old city was very interesting.  We next took a tuk-tuk to the market which was sensory overload.  We retreated to our hotel for a cocktail and a light snack sitting outside near the beautiful pool.  After a couple hours of relaxing we enjoyed dinner at the hotel restaurant which is on the river.  I was a magical setting including viewing some lighted lanterns someone had released on the other side of the river. The food was fantastic Thai cuisine.  Afterwards we relaxed to prepare for our elephant adventure the next day. Truly a zen day.

Sent from my iPad

Tags: chiang mai, temples, zen

About dyaver


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.