Existing Member?

Tori and Lbad travel the world #alert

Such a wild duck

FIJI | Friday, 27 September 2013 | Views [490]

BULA! Greetings from Fiji! We've been in Nadi for three days after flying in from Auckland, confusing our bodies by changing climates every few weeks from snowy mountains to 85% humidity (with no aircon) and regular pondering if it's socially acceptable to stick our heads in the fridge... The rest of New Zealand was pretty epic, we spent most of our time climbing cheeky glaciers in Franz Josef, swimming in hot pools and living one long hangover in Queenstown, all in all amazing. It was both of our birthdays so suitable ice skating/vodka/ferg burger arrangements were in place and a matching hangover the morning after. On a coach. Worst journey of our lives.

Sooo Fiji is pretty casual. On our first night here we ended up sitting in a circle with a load of locals playing guitar, singing bob marley, and drinking water squeezed from plant roots that anaesthetises your tongue. Yeah. Fijians are the nicest people I've ever met in my life, literal babes with so much gentlemanly swag (lol gentlemanly swag) and you can't go anywhere without someone shouting bula (hello) at you. We're heading to the coral coast in about half an hour, ready to tackle two local buses and no knowledge of where we even are right now let alone where we're trying to get to. So wish us luck. 

GPS and/or a chaperone wouldn't go a miss either. Tor x.

Update: After a rib crushingly packed local bus, and a glaring inability to blend in with the fijians being so ginger (and therefore not being spared a seat easily, resulting in an awkward sitting on lap by accident moment), we made it.To the land of scary wildlife. A lizard in my bed last night, countless mosquito bites and a LOT of frogs, but spending our days on the beach under the palm trees.. it could be worse! Anyway, back to the sunbathing. Tor x

 

 

About dunkyandbambini


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Fiji

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.