Existing Member?

Tori and Lbad travel the world #alert

You're such a gas ticket

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 August 2013 | Views [697]

 So it's been almost four months and a whole life in Sydney since the last post, sorry guys. We're still in Australia though so it's still legit to be updating now! Sydney was fun, we both ended up being cafe slaves for a few months, mine involving working about 60 hrs a week chasing pigeons and Lbads involving sitting in a cupboard shredding chicken every day (i'm still not sure about that one but i'm just not going to ask...). Four months of goon pong wednesdays maloneys weekends and spending our time with Grant and Phil Mitchell, not much else went down. Oh except Lauren's near death experience after she got her ear pierced and ended up in hospital for a week.... ok so it wasn't near death, but she was in hospital for a week. You'll be glad to know she's all better now though after the deliveries of baguettes and macdonalds I brought being the good boyfriend I am.

So yeah, after the working life for two months we decided to fly up to the North of Oz and hit Cairns for a week or so. Back to the sunshine and lie ins! We were happy to wap the pasty legs back out and lbads tan is now doing well after four weeks on the road while I've gained a solid five freckles. Cairns was fun, involved lots of drinking, downing pints and being harassed by cowboys from the outback on a Saturday morning. Next for me was a solo trip to the rainforest with lots of crocodiles. It was fun until I realised I was i an eight bed dorm, alone, during a heavy storm, with no electricity, no signal and a peacock was blocking my doorway for a good fifteen minutes in the dark. Note to self:always bring Lbad on excursions for protection and/or peacock bait. Then it was Magnetic Island with one of the aforementioned Mitchelll brothers whilst Lauren went to Mackay with the other one. Magnetic island was amazing, had breakfast with a crocodile a lizard and held a koala which was pretty damn cute. This is turning out to be a lot longer than I expected to write so I'll keep the rest short and sweet...

We then reunited after a week to do the Whitsundays tour which was basically living on a boat for three days and sailing to a load of islands which was cool. Fraser island was next, driving 4x4s on the beach and to lakes and creeks etc to go for a cheeky afternoon swim. We camped overnight after one too many drinking games, and all ended up in the sea with our tour guide while a load of dingoes were just chilling everywhere. Last but not least is Noosa! Where we've just left. Three days in a questionable cabin tent dorm with hammock beds, canoeing the everglades. All was really fun except the first day when we got a fat kid in the back of our canoe and he didn't do any work so we lugged him around for four hours. Needless to say we've now got huge guns now #ladz. The tour guide seemed to take a bit if a shine to us so supplied us with lots of free garlic bread and bushcamp secrets...always good? Spent every night round a campfire playing ridiculous drinking games with ridiculous boys and all in all pretty fun. Anyway our next stop is Brisbane for tonight and then Byron Bay for a week before we go to New Zealand! Time is flyyying and do you know what? I can't bloody wait to go clothes shopping. Laters, Tor.

Tags: crocodiles, eastenders, piercings

About dunkyandbambini


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.