Existing Member?

DreamTravelerJess

What is Travel?

USA | Wednesday, 7 April 2010 | Views [346]

What is travel?

Traveling is what connects the world. Travel is something everyone does, and can do. Going down the street, walking, biking, taking the subway, riding on a train, these are all ways to travel. We do it everyday. Everyone can get excited about traveling, whether it’s young kids going on their first picnic or even their first trip somewhere new, to adults with their vacation time. College kids during their breaks travel home (most of the time). Everyone knows the feeling of planning, and waiting, and packing, and waiting, and going somewhere. Travel is something that is familiar to all. 

When asked ‘What is travel?’ Here are some answers I got; going around the world, exploring new landscapes, it means going some place to visit people or cultures you love, experiencing a new place or culture that you necessarily wouldn’t come across in your everyday life. Travel is an opportunity to gain a better understanding of yourself and to discover what the world has to offer.

Why should you do it?

Travel helps people connect. I wouldn’t have met one of the most amazing families in Ireland or one of the most helpful workers in Paris, I wouldn’t have met a new starting out brave family from Canada if I hadn’t been traveling. Without my experiences of travel I would never have been able to talk to some amazing writers, bloggers, and people in general, because of the shared interest in traveling we have.

Travel helps people learn about themselves and new cultures or places. Even, if you only learn that you do or don’t like traveling, you still learn something. Going somewhere  you are hard press to not learn something new. There are always culture differences, no two towns, cities, states, or countries are alike. You learn by noticing these differences. Once I got back from Ireland, I learned something new about myself, that travel is something I want to do for the rest of my life. I decided to apply to a new school where I could major in International Studies. 

And when should you do it?

Now! What are you waiting for? Money issues, start saving up! Plan ahead! Start narrowing down where in the world you want to go, and what you would want to do. I am a big believer in living in the moment. So start planning now, and eventually you will be able to travel.

Thanks for reading,

DreamTravelerJess

Tags: travel

About dreamtravelerjess


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.