Existing Member?

Chasing The Experience

Vietnamese Surprise

VIETNAM | Tuesday, 12 May 2015 | Views [194] | Scholarship Entry

Sometimes its best to get lost to find something. And after deciding not to take the touristy route across Vietnam I got lost to find something which I can never forget. We’ve set out along the hinterlands of Mui Ne, and our conviction to make it to hot geyser nearby which of one of the fellow traveller said is around and easily possible. we hunted for some local information but due to language barrier, no more information was to be found online. We decided to take a bike with just a name of the place through a local and went out hunting for the place. We leave the traffic behind in no time, and drive through empty roads edged with pastures of green, that occasionally culminate in a faint outline of the mountains beyond. After regular intervals we kept asking the route if we were on the right track. About five hours into the journey we realised we were lost. we decided to explore the area and see what can we find. On our bike, bike, we ride across this tiny village covered by mountains all around. while riding on the winding roads I saw the most beautiful stretch of sand I have ever seen. We decided to park the bike and just take a detour to the area. after s short trek we were at a serene beach with no humanity in sight till the eye can see except us and the most pristine beach I have seen ever. With this treasure explored we took off , resolute to continue as far as the road will take us, and as deep into Vietnam’s hinterlands to explore more such places.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About dreamcatchers


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.