Existing Member?

namaste' my journey...

Vientiane ::: Laos

LAOS | Thursday, 12 February 2009 | Views [720]

Returning to Pakse from the Bolavan Plateau we have decided that tonight we will hop on the overnight bus to Vientiane.  This is a double decker sleeper bus. Each bed is a small double so my “brother” Mikey and I will be sharing.  Poor kid has been sick for a week and I am the lucky one that gets to share a bed with hime.  So the 6 of us (El, Mike, Luke, Magda, Mikey and I get cosy in our bus for the night.  This will actually be the best sleeper bus ride I will have.  We arrive in Vientiane at around 6:30am.  Vanessa had come a day before us and got her and I a place to stay with couchsurfers.  Michel and Christine are amazing folks.  So sweet.  Each morning I am there Christine and I are up before everyone and I truly enjoy our morning chats.  We talk about the government, good books, energy, spirituality, etc.  I actually look forward to talking to her each morning.  They are kind enough to lend me one of there bikes to go with Mikey (who has his own bike from taveling thru Cambodia by bike) to the Buddha park.  We bike for like 30k out and we don’t find it.  We do however have the most beautiful ride out in the countryside outside the city.  We stop at a Wat and chat with some local kids.  It was worth the ride for sure.  While in Vientiane I really do not see much I did walk around the city but mostly it was a chance to do some restocking and errands.  I have to basically spend a few hours at the Thai Embessy to get my new visa into Thailand.  They have recently changed their visa laws, now when you cross by land (which I will be doing) you only receive a 15day visa, if you go to the embassy they will give you a 60 day visa.  I would like the 60 so I have to go sit in line to get it.  One day to drop off next day I have to sit and wait again to pick it up.  This city has given me the chance to restock on my toiletries meet some very special people and just chill.  

 

About drea72


Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Laos

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.