Existing Member?

Taking the Dragons by storm

wizards and wizardry

NEW ZEALAND | Saturday, 2 May 2009 | Views [636]

For the betterment of my sanoty and those around me, I sought to enlighten my worldly knowledge by searching for those long lost seals of New Zealand. For this I would need a few helpers. They just happen to be on a similar quest, but lacked the power that was needed for such a dangerous journey. I first went to seek the advice of a an old wise hermit of Akaroa. There we set sail on the mightly "Decadent". Unfortunatelly, we were wrought with mightly winds. This vessel was barel a match, but we madeit around Paranaky Rock and came back with the knowelege and a new found courage needed for the journey ahead.

Then I set off north towards Kaikoura. This land was known to harbour seals. I found them and managed to capture their souls with my camera. I hope to one day to set their souls free, but this will have to be in a more peaceful time when war does not plague the country. The country side was beautiful. I do believe here is where the mountains fell into the ocean. I met a traveler on the way to my next destination. She was also from the great state of Texas. I wish our time together was longer, but she was off to be a slave in Golden Bay (poor girl). :)

Then I hit Nelson. Here I met the great seal hunter LARA. She showed me her knowledge and blessed me with her kindness. I hope one day to repay in full. We went to the Abel Tasman Park by boat to visit the illusive seal colony of Tonga Island. On a side trip, I went to Nelson Lakes Nature reserve. This was ment to be a journey to challenge my soul, but i failed. I wanted to make the 25 km loop around lake Rotoiti. However about 5 km into my treck the heavens opened up and began to pour. It was not as fun as a vision quest should be and I was cold. SO I sadly turned around. However, I managed to jog a bit of the trail. On the way back I even came across the mushrooms that give you an extra life from the Mario Bros games. NO I DID NOT EAT ONE... but if I were dying i wouldn't put it past me. :)

The second trek was a few days later to see the arthous mountain range (or somthing like that). THis LONG 5 minute trail led me not to dragons, or seals, but to an icy sign (meaning it was cold), and a nasty port-o-potty on the top of the mountain..

Now I am in Westport to save this fishing village from evil. I will keep you updated how it goes.

Until then, Fare the well

Tags: adventure, new zealand, panda bears, seals

About dragon_slayer


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.