Existing Member?

2016 Travel

Ho Chi Minh/Saigon 2016 part 2

VIETNAM | Thursday, 15 September 2016 | Views [388]

these are in no particular order.

the first thing i did when arriving in Saigon was go to a meetup for couchsurfing with my lack of sleep i remember little. there was 5 of us in total. 2 dudes and 3 chicks i think everyone was new to saigon, and we had beer that were $15000, per i had three and then made it over to the hostel for the pub crawl. they ended leaving at 11 and i got there around 9:30 so afterwards i was a little tired, we went to one place by that time i was starving so i got a veggie burito and Nikko and jamaican / london dude came to hang out with me guess he tought i was being solo. where i was scarfing down my food and enjoying the view of the major traffic, and glamouring lights that surveyed the street. at one point i was enjoying and expat negotiation or at least chatting with girls that hang outside looking for men to come in. the girls were wearing white with a pink apron, and the man white hair with a black shirt. he chatting with them for like ten minutes afterwards the conversation with Nikko got akward as we starting declaring out sexual orientation. my guess was he secretly liked dudes, but i've been viewed as queer before so who cares. left that crawl early and then walked into another, talked to this chick for a few minutes wished it was longer but i was dead tired, from lack of sleep, and jet lagged from travel earlier in the day. i did go to a couple more pub crawls hosted by the hostel from which it just wasn't my scene as they went to one bar and then would call it a night. the second one i went to they had NO2 which i tried, for the second time was better. being more prepaired to go out ended up staying out late watching some boxing match with europeans. my opinion is okay for every once in a while. i did end up going to a pubcrawl sponsered by Hideout which i must say was much better. each bar they had pour in your mouth shots which consisted of a jagar water down drink. 3 clubs/bars. 

 

the botanical garden and the zoo.

there were many animals from tigers, elephants, monkeys giraffe, wildabeast. this was a little depressing as the animals are in captivity. the gardens might have been the entire area as their were lush green in this weather. my favorite was  a garden of bonsai tree for which there were many 

About dougecox


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.