Existing Member?

2016 Travel

Melbourne, Australia

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 6 September 2016 | Views [257]

160904 - Australia -> Melbourne

its sunday night right now, lost some time on my commute here from San Francisco so on the plus i became my birthday like a day sooner, not sure what happen to the first as the plane crossed the international date line. Before i begin on the first few days of my trip, i'm writing here on the bio-illumanecse i saw earlier which was super cool. the red algae in the waves of the ocean would glow in a blue hue. when i first was observing this phenomonon my mind wasn't able to process / understand what was going on. so the perspective original was yea their waves from an ocean, then i notices the red algae, and after a few observations of waves crashing my mind was aware of the glowing that was naturally occuring, for which a few seconds ago seeing it and not processing the effect was my reality. okay so back to the chronicalical order of this trip so far.

wednesday - I arrive at the air port like 5 or 6 hours early in my excitement i wanted to get to Melbourne sooner, and was bored at home of anticipation for the trip. the flight was not horrible didn't get any solid sleep, but took a few good naps. apparently the plan was not full any a few people were able to get entire rows for sleeping. but the business class section of the flight looked super good, like getting a lazy boy on an plane that turns into a bed with nice lighting. my flight went through Sydney of which it was raining down hard. i had to go through customs and then make my way to the domestic terminal of Qantas airlines. Qantas is an Australian airline which has a kangaroo has a logo. my layover was less than two hours so i had concerns of making my connecting flight, and therefore not having a transfer ticket, no clue why i didn't get this in sfo, i decided to wait in the business class line cause its faster, and shit if i'm going to miss my flight, better to do this waiting in a line that isn't for my ticket class. anyways so yay i made it the flight was full, i guess others before were cancelled  due to weather conditions. so get to the hostel taking the shuttle from the airport to shuffle board shutter port station, and a bus from there to the hostel. Got here maybe an hour before check in, so used that time to explore the city. From which i got a $6 coffee, it wasn't bad, but i enjoy a $4 blue bottle coffee more. that said this was my expectation, funny note the service was very curious to find out my opinion of there coffee. maybe not my opinion but asking for afformation that it was good. and it was but not $6, however getting that in Melbourne and experinece most definatively yes :). need the coffee as i made my zombie self back to the apartment barely awake and needing to crash. the adult in me manage to get the linen setup and then i crashed. 

Not sure if i mentioned but the flight arrived on Friday, and there's a couchsuring meetup this being my only friday i had to make it so after a few hours of a much needed nap i made my way. apparently the area of this event is like the hipster area of Melbourne. From a tour the following day i can only persive that hipsters have a greater negative conotation down under. the even was cool meet many people, but didn't last long maybe an hour or two before i had to leave being extremely tired.the bar was cool, they had a backdoor patio area of which some of it was covered. there was cool lighthing. the bars here don't keep tabs, and similar to canada are very concervative in alcohol distribution. so made it to Saturday woke up earlier so i booked a tour at the Art Centre of Melbourne which is where they put on plays like the ballet, and off broadway type shows with less than 300 seats. in total their are 3 venues large, meduim small. pretty cool as each room had a particular theme. the large one holds like 2k people maybe 3, this area is of a grand decor marble, gold, and mirrors. the middle is like a purple grey color which was a reflection of the style of the day being late 70's early 80s. and the small is kind like brown to reflect the Australian aborligine respect. oh and then later that night i went to a bar crawl. meet many nice people, and two chicks i was attracked to the Phillopean, and this black south african chick. the bar crawl consisted of 3 bars and 1 club. the free shots was called a wet pussy for which the south african was asking me if it was that and i made it into a sexual kinda joke, which was funny the first time, but then i continued and it lost flare. later on in that same bar some girl was eating a green apple and then made out with me. she was big, but not fat. i didn't pursue cause i didn't find her attractive, obvously not so unattrative that i wouldn't my rolling my tongue in her mouth. oh so on the way to the club i tried to get a cigerrate which i was eventually able to do, but not have much trails. not knowing the city i didn't want to buy a pack and then turn around and the bar crawl crowd to be gone, eventually when i head back to the hostel, i go to buy cigeratters and come to find out they are $30 so i havnet bought and may not till Vietnam. okay getting tired so summing up sunday quick. went to another couchsurfering meetup to go check out tiny pengiuns @ St Kilda beach. meet cool people, saw little pengiuns, played jinja,and now back at hostel. during the day also went to the victoria queens market but the timming was late so hopefully tomorrow.

160906 - So its Tuesday, a day has passed since last entry. Monday was very chill went and check out the Melbourne national library, and went over to the Queen Victoria market however it was closed. not sure whatelse i did during the day, as i only know i got a really good night sleep last night. the library was very beautiful it was vast and there was a free gallery which consisted of European colonial style art large paint some religious others of ships. One of the reading rooms was huge and inside looked like it was five stories up. oh and in the evening @ the hostel there was a dart game called killers. i wasn’t able to play well as my right arm isn’t functioning properly yet. made it through a large chunk of the game and was eventually kicked out. today i went to the queen victoria market, ate muscles for lunch and bought a coconut to drink and may eat later. was looking for some souvenirs nothing yet so may just buy a shirt i saw yesterday at the ngv. afterwards i went to St Kilda again to check out the coast line down south during the day. this was nice weather and got good panorama shots. followed up with a free  tour at some digital museum where there was a animated art show of some weird Oscar Wild story about a red rose bird and a BOY who’s understanding of women was lacking. not sure what all he wrote but i know he famous and judging by the story a little fucked up in the head, as a female bird gave her life to provide a red rose for a man to provide for a woman he felt he was in love with. the majority of the story seemed like a man’s logical thought process of how love worked, but in the end the birds life for the red rose was discarded like time does with the past, maybe it was really about how our emotions of the present guide us only to make the descions of grander in hopes of success. for the bird woman may have died but her life until the moment was of much honor and respect, in the end she didn’t know about love nor the man who wanted the red rose. so her sacrifice may have been in vain, but with courage it was overflowing. my view trying to find the good in a crazy story. so now i’m here at the hostel bar working on java, and typing away my next journal entry. heading inside for warmth and NRG for power pc.

About dougecox


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.