Existing Member?

The adventures of my inexperienced mind

The First time I fell in Love.

USA | Saturday, 3 May 2014 | Views [152] | Scholarship Entry

I remember the first time I fell in love. Not of a boy, that would be a cheesy and a predictable story. I'm talking about the first time I fell in love of life.
I'm from Panama and no! Panama is not a jungle and there is more than the "Panama Canal". Panama is a small country full of wonders,but unfortunately us, Panamanians, don't know how to appreciated.
I'm from the city and I didn't really travel much. Beach and City was my thing.
Two years ago I went to live for 3 months in NYC on my own. A city, what a change right? I went from a "cement jungle" to another. But what makes NYC special and different from Panama is the variety of people and their nationality.
I didn't like New York because of their buildings or the subway or boring Times Square. I like NY because of the crazy people dancing inside the train, the half naked men in Union Square, The hot boy with the curly hair who made me a frappuccino in Starbucks, the friends I made there and gave me a taste of their culture. That's why I like NY.
But The best part was in the music festival I went. First I saw my favorite band and I cried of happiness, then I cried because I missed my friends and Family. Then I laughed at myself for that. Then I had this really big smile in my face because a nice lady told me: The best experiences of your life are the ones you make on your own, The ones that just happens. The ones you don't plan; and she is right. I had my moment in that music festival after I finish crying, I realize that I am just a little piece in this world and the world is HUGE and I'm curious to know what else is out there; in that moment I thought I really love life. And fuck it let's try it all.

By the way, my review of NYC:
Is great to go to concerts, bars and nightclubs. Also eat. You find diversity in food. From Greek to Vietnamese or that strange thing I ate in Chinatown. After that is just buildings.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About doroty


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.