Existing Member?

My Life In Argentina and now Mexico

Guests of Honor

ARGENTINA | Saturday, 8 November 2008 | Views [491] | Comments [2]

Me and Diana with some students

Me and Diana with some students

On Friday, my friend Diana and I were invited to visit an elementary school in Alta Gracia, a cute little town about 40 minutes outside of Cordoba.  The principal of this school, Cecilia, was in Stillwater, Minnesota for 3 weeks on a fullbright scholarship visiting schools and comparing the school systems.  When she heard that I was coming to Cordoba, she invited me to stay with her for a few days.  Diana, who is from New York, is an ESL Teacher in Troy, NY, and she came along because she is interested in bilingual schools.  We were the guests of honor at this school and they had a presentation planned for us and then we spoke about our country a little and it ended with a Questions & Answers session. These children actually spoke very well and the only time they speak English is at school!  It was a great two days for us.  Especially meeting all those happy and friendly students!! 

Comments

1

I am so happy for you that you are meeting so many interesting people and visiting and participating in things you would never have a chance to here. Love to see your pretty smile get bigger with each picture.

  Marilyn Nov 10, 2008 10:56 AM

2

Sigo teniendo mucho orgullo en tí y a la vez tengo mucha invidia de tus aventuras. Pareces muy contenta y tan bonita como siempre. Me alegro verte tan relajada y feliz. El VRV

  Ricardito VRV Nov 11, 2008 12:10 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.