Existing Member?

Truth Of Conception

Your Backyard - A Slice of NYC

USA | Monday, 4 November 2013 | Views [249] | Scholarship Entry

Hi. I was inspired to do this video, because I'm starting to see the melting pot that makes NYC so wonderful, fade away. Queens, however, continues to be exceptionally diverse, and it's my favorite part of living here.

My experience consists of short web videos, but last year, I helped shoot a documentary. This past summer, I had the opportunity to go to Haiti for 3 weeks, and document a student trip into hospitals in Port-Au-Prince. I'd love the chance to do something similar again.

I've always had my goals set on being a travel film-maker. I'm obsessed with traveling, and even have plans to one day start a production company that focuses on this type of film-making. I really enjoy experiencing and learning about other worlds outside of my own.

This scholarship would help me gain more experience in the world of travel film-making. It's a career I'd like to pursue, and the more opportunities I have to travel and practice my craft, the better. I have a lot to learn, and I'd love to continue to challenge myself and really understand what it takes to be out in the field and capture a great story.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About doprodny


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.