Existing Member?

Prayer For Responsible Travel

My Travel Writing Scholarship 2011 entry - Journey in an Unknown Culture

WORLDWIDE | Sunday, 13 March 2011 | Views [293] | Scholarship Entry

     Travel like a local when you have landed your destination. Automatically become a resident with deep connection to their special place. Pretend like you live there and enjoy it as much as they do. Spend sensibly since money you spend will be used to support the communities and conservation. 
    
International travel is no longer a luxury as tourism is now the world’s fastest growing industry. With this in mind comes a heavy responsibility on travelers to ensure that the heritage and environment of places we seek do not disintegrate even with thunder influx of visitors.
    
Looking back on package holidays and dropped flight prices, few areas are beyond reach now by travelling citizens. Every corner of the globe is a potential hot and real destination with equally real fragile environment, culture and economy.
Quite simply, if you do travel, be aware that the choices we make while away do have an impact. Cities of the world scratch its’ heads over worry about how they are going to cope up with ever increasing flow of tourists making a connection to the places they visit.
Yes it is true that when we travel, we get to meet people and we begin to understand what we are all sharing for in this world. We are all coming along for the ride, so set aside barriers built up between us. By changing travel habits and thinking differently why we travel, we practice responsible travel that aims in assessing our impact on the environment and local cultures and economies. Thus, we must have a positive impact on pressing global issues: peace and poverty, not to mention biodiversity conservation. 
It is estimated that more than a billion people travel each year. It is not hard to understand why we should sustain the natural and cultural wonders of our planet so that future generations can enjoy the same life-changing adventures we have shared.
Today, there is no way of avoiding the importance of travelling responsibly. I hope I inspired you to try a new, far more rewarding, travel approach.

Tags: #2011writing, travel writing scholarship 2011

About donturismo


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.