Existing Member?

Botswana & South Africa

Madikwe Game Reserve

SOUTH AFRICA | Sunday, 2 March 2014 | Views [297]

The day was spent at the Game reserve on the South African side of the fence. Wow, how lovely, dangerous, and exciting the wildlife is. Tendai from Maroon Tours picked me up around 10:30am, entertained me with his life's story and the entire day was spent at the reserves. Such a lovely place that I wish I did plan to stay the night. I highly recommend this place. The game drive was roughly 3 hours, guided by the reserve staff in jeep including a stop in the heart of the reserve for drinks and snacks. I was happy! Tendai and I didn't head back to Gabo until nearly 9pm. The border was crowded and I witnessed the power of knowing people. I've always known it's not (just) what you know but who you know. This guy proved it as going and coming back he talked his way with the immigration people who are so used to seeing him that he was able to skip to front of the lines. Returning on the Bots side I was able to get through quickly but he had to fanagle to move through and bring some of his buddies that were stuck in line as well. This guy is very personable and really is a good fit for the job/business he has taken on. He has the people skills and personality. I wish him the best in his company. There was something familiar and comforting about him. There were moments that he actually reminded me of my Stevie Weevie! Ah, good friends! They manifest themselves in new people and provide the karmic energy to keep us safe.

About domzworld


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about South Africa

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.