Existing Member?

citymike

Buenos Aires: The story so far

ARGENTINA | Thursday, 22 October 2009 | Views [498]

I arrived on 29th September, 3 weeks ago, and I checked into The Clan House. A nice place with nice people but unfortunately above a Goth disco that blasts out music until the early hours. Still, I will forget the disco before I forget the friendliness of the people.

From there I moved to a homely hotel calle Brisas del Mar in San Telmo. It had internet connection and cable TV and it was cheap, £10 a night, but it was a small room and not one in which I liked to spend the evening so I was out every evening in bars. Although I was assured that I could return to the hotel at any hour, to get back in after midnight meant waking the owner who would open the door in her dressing gown and that made me feel uncomfortable. I stayed two weeks.

I am now in an apartment which allows me to come and go as I please without disturbing anyone. It is spacious and the bedroom is seperate. I have cable tv and internet connection and it seems fine so far. We'll see.

I have found a great bar, some good restaurants and I have met good, friendly people from all over the world including BA itself. I think I made a good decision to come here.

 

 

Travel Answers about Argentina

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.