Existing Member?

Tripping the World Fantastic

My Video scholarship 2010 entry

WORLDWIDE | Saturday, 17 July 2010 | Views [394] | Scholarship Entry

I have traveled through 60 countries now.  Last year, my first adventure travel book was published (and reviewed on the GAP webpage). It’s called Pilgrim in the Palace of Words: a journey through the 6000 languages of Earth (Dundurn 2009).  I took video footage in many of the countries and I set up a video podcast series on itunes to accompany the book.  This, of course, drew a lot of attention.  I’m presently working on my next travel book.  This little clip is a sort of experiment with the new material (I thought to write now about the music of the world).  It’s sometimes hard to plan exactly what your piece will be, I find.  It’s more to know when something magical is happening and capture it.  I’m constantly astonished by the people I meet on my trips as I was meeting Hussain and Mohamed – the two musicians features here.  This was way out in the Jordanian desert under a sea of stars.  I feel fortunate just to have been there.  I want to learn all I can in writing, filming and editing documentary films.  It is, in this new media world, the perfect complement to my written work.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About dixon


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.