Existing Member?

Journey to Switzerland of India

Travelling to Switzerland of India – Manipur

BANGLADESH | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 | Views [137] | Scholarship Entry

My first international journey started 17th February 2014 to Manipur, India. Manipur is a state located in the north eastern part of India. With the natural beauty all round anyone can find this place is indeed a similar picture of natural scenery. And because of its eye striking natural beauty Manipur is also called as the ‘’Switzerland of India’. The literal meaning of the name of Manipur is the’ ’land of jewels’’. And it is also called with its culture with this name because this state is rich with its culture that involves various activities and proficiencies among the local people in martial arts, dance, theater and sculpture. The charm of the place is the lush environment that more decorates the state with moderate climate making decorates the state with moderate climate making this place as a tourists’ paradise.
First I reached Agartala at 18th February, then I reached Manipur state and over 126 Military check post and felt the beauty of Manipur. The road of journey was very advantageous because I used ‘’Chand Zip’’ (Specially use for Mountain road). I had also cached to meet with indigenous people of Manipur. At last 20th February reached Imphal after long journey.
A Local organization cordially accept me and join the Manipur famous hotel ‘’ The hotel Classic’’. The organization gave the different local foods taste. First I visited Dzuko Valley, one of the most stunning natural valleys in India. The Dzuko Valley is partly in Manipur and partly in Nagaland, as it lies on the border between the two states. This is a place of great peace and quiet, and a wonderful spot for those who want some solace in solitude and practice meditation or say their prayers.
Then Khwairamband Bazar/ Ima Market This is a unique market as only women or “Imas” (mothers in Manipuri dialect) are allowed to run stalls here. Tourists will have a lot of fun bargaining for exquisite handlooms and handicrafts here.
After that visited Manipur State Museum. This museum has a vast collection of displays and artifacts belonging to the exotic tribal culture of Manipur.
At last I visited Loktak Lake, the Loktak Lake is a remarkable sight and is the largest fresh water lake in the North East. Tourists can indulge in boating and several water sports here.
After 10 days journey I returned home after getting incredible experience.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About discover-india


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bangladesh

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.