Existing Member?

Dirtbag Days

Festival - The Great Bull Run

USA | Thursday, 24 October 2013 | Views [270] | Scholarship Entry

I’m definitely not an actor. I love being behind the camera and in front of The Creative Suite. But I think that’s good for this type of film. In travel doco’s you don’t want acting. You want reality. You want life. G.K. Chesterton wrote, " without the perils, punishments, and rewards, the adventure is only a shifting and heartless nightmare. I am what I like to call, a "micro-adventurer". I am film student at Georgia Southern University. I work on the production team at my local church.
I have recently asked myself, if I had to choose between adventure and film, which would I choose? This was very difficult and almost painful to ask myself but I came to the conclusion, would I rather "watch" someone climbing in Yosemite on a preview window in Premiere Pro, or do I want to be there, living it? I think my answer is obvious. I have always dreamed of the two coming together. The type of film that we will be doing in New Orleans is exactly the type of film I want to be involved with. I think it would be a great opportunity to get my foot in the door in the industry. It would truly be a blessing to work with World Nomads and experience the rich, revered, culture of New Orleans.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About dirtbag_kenny

Tugaloo

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.