Existing Member?

Photography path

Baisha village trip

CHINA | Saturday, 14 August 2010 | Views [362]

I travel all over the world trying to meet the moment, to find the place where time stops. I fear time, I feel weak. But, a small point in the map, very small indeed, is the Baisha village. "Forgotten, miserable", was my first impression. It was necessary to be brave in order to pass the entrance. I did it. I felt something.

At first, I met poor children, to enjoy life with almost nothing; a plastic cheap toy. Then I noticed their happiness, how was it possible? I could not afford to look their smile, it scared me. I left them back and continued my journey. The market was in front of me, and it seemed the best escape way. I found myself to be in the market's center. Mud walls around me, poverty and dirty stores. A few men to stand without hope, empty, without smiles. But those eyes! They could see inside me, my bare soul. They were so proud. It was really hard to sustain the moment. I had to escape again. "Run" I ordered my body, and was lost round the corner.

An old man came from the opposite direction. He looked at me and lowered his eyes. He did not say anything else. A few meters away, he whispered :

"you will find the truth at the last corner". I heard his voice.

Later, my journey approached the end. Exit was so close, but there was another narrow street. A lonely way, quiet and peaceful. No jewels, no clapping hands, only clouds in the sky. At the end of the street, a man was walking slowly. A boy, a man or an old man? I could not see. He was just approaching the end.

I could not see his face. So, I left, leaving Baisha village behind.

I am still trying to find my destiny.

Tags: countryside, travel, village

About dimitrisvastarouchas


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.