Existing Member?

SRILANKA

Seven Virgins

SRI LANKA | Thursday, 16 April 2015 | Views [247] | Scholarship Entry

Plenty of chances we got to get rid the hustle bustle city where you surrounded by concrete cubes,dusty roads and busy town lives in Sri Lanka.

Seven Virgins which falls from one stream in middle of the knuckles range was our destination.Every one had a dream to spend a night in the cave middle of the last fall.There is only one way in, where to cross three streams and had to hike down in a path used wild elephants to cross over the streams.
Rural village in the edge of the forest range was the last stop of human sign and then there was a two day hike to the final destination.Had to request permission from gods by hanging a small branch of tree as folks.It was a kind of protection seeking from jungle to successful journey.
Journey began through thick forest and follow a main stream upwards.Took a quick rice and curry traditional lunch to fill up belly and wandered slowly towards the heart of jungle.
Rain added more beauty to the greenery.Streams were full of water and they were hard to cross over.Had little fights with nature to survive and cross the streams and reach the destination of first day.
Destination of first day was the lowest fall and pitched up tents near the fall.Had a great night where we had shifts to guard selves from wild animals around fire pit and coffee with biscuits gave nice night treatment.Second day where we experienced the start of the day from the sounds of the birds to the rays of the sun.Weather of forest was great and the cold climate makes comfort.
We had to track down the road through a path of a wild elephant after few miles reached the final destination where a sudden windowed view through jungles appeared.Experienced a great landscape towards sea with range of mountain clips and villages far away.
A natural cave night middle of the fall and under the stars where milky way visible to naked eye clearly.Enjoyed the night with the sounds of the forest from the elephant roar to winds blowing.Fresh bath from the stream where crystal clear water serves without charges and the scenery beauty of the morning through the mist of the jungle made our selves to live forever.
Climbed down with lot of memories and lot of sorrow .One had experience this great journey across knuckles range and it will be a life time experience too.

Tags: 2015 Writing Scholarship

About dilankabandara


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Sri Lanka

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.