Existing Member?

Cinematic Travels Pulpos / Peru

My Video scholarship 2010 entry: "Left Ashore" Peru

PERU | Saturday, 31 July 2010 | Views [2615] | Scholarship Entry

Thanks for watching. Visit us here for more http://www.facebook.com/theboyfrompulpos
One day on vacation in Peru, I headed to the beach with my camera. While there I saw the backside of a child playing with sand. As the boy turned around, my life changed forever. I knew that I was to become his champion.

Once I was drawn into his story, I was traveling the early morning hours to shoot and capture all of the best light. On the ride home hours away, I would complete edits and voice overs. Unknowingly, I was consumed. I turned around 5 years later to see this body of work I had created.

His medical condition deteriorated; there were no longer any resources for them. I flew to Miami from Peru to start generating interest, I constantly faced apathy, but I never stopped. I stayed 2 years in Miami but never lost touch and I created a support network for them by proxy.

My ambition as a documentary filmmaker is to tell stories with a unique cinematic style from the point of view of an auteur. To present a magical story that evokes feelings while taking the audience on an unexpected journey.

Tags: 2010 travel video scholarship

About diegotipacti


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.