Existing Member?

The World is Just Awesome

I met someone

CANADA | Tuesday, 4 January 2011 | Views [350]

I met someone. No, not SOMEONE as in a boy someone. I met someone in my life who has encouraged me to write. She inspired me to create this travel journal. I figured WHY NOT?!?


See, I'm addicted. No, not to drugs or alcohol or boys. I'm addicted to traveling. I have been so lucky in my life to see many great places and meet many great people. Not until I met B in Frankfurt last summer had I ever considered creating a travel blog. That's something 'other people' do. Not me. No, I just travel, and envy the way other people write about their travels.

I was born and raised in Nova Scotia (Eastern Canada. And no, Toronto and Montreal are NOT Eastern Canada. Think lobster, fishermen, and the Bluenose - like on the Canadian dime). I traveled a lot with my family as a young girl to Disneyland, down south (Jamaica, Barbados) and to Western Canada.


Not until I got to University did I realize that my money was my own, and as long as bills were paid, I could do what I wanted with it. My first BIG trip as a semi-solo traveler was across the pond to England, Scotland, Italy and France with a university friend. This was a great introduction to hostels, train passes...essentially backpacking in all/most of its glory. I say "most of" because K knew people in most of the places we visited, so there was always someone semi-nearby who could save us if we got into too much trouble. At least that's what I told myself...

Tags: addicted, britt, frankfurt, inspired

About diddidly98


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.