Existing Member?

World Nomads Travel Film Scholarship 2013 Entry

Dare to Dream

USA | Tuesday, 8 September 2015 | Views [241] | Comments [1] | Scholarship Entry

I've known that I've always wanted to make films but recently, I realized how much I love to travel as well. After graduating from college, everyone expected me to move to Los Angeles or New York. Instead, I took a year off to travel to Amsterdam and live in Barcelona for a year as an au pair. I made some content when I was abroad but the concept of travel filmmaking didn't really cross my mind until I came back home. Of course, I've heard of people who were travel filmmakers but didn't think there was a way to make a living doing that! Fortunately, I stumbled upon World Nomads and found this scholarship. Not only would the trip be an incredible opportunity, it would show me the skills needed to make a living combining my two passions: travel and film. I applied for the Travel Film Scholarship in New Orleans in 2013 for the New Orleans trip with my friend Diante. Even though we didn't receive the award, I knew it was for the best because I knew I had a lot more to learn in terms of developing my craft. I know that, having traveled and created more work, I am in a better position to learn new skills and take advantage of this opportunity.

Again, thanks World Nomads for creating this opportunity! Even if I'm not selected, I will continue to find a way to combine my passions of travel and filmmaking in my professional life. (But this scholarship would definitely help! ;) )

Sincerely,
Tayo Amos

Tags: 2015 Film Scholarship to Colombia

Comments

1

Tayo,
What an inspiring story! I think every applicant for this scholarship would feel encouraged after hearing about what Kevin has been able to accomplish with "Taste". It's awesome to see a young filmmaker finding success, and I can definitely see why he inspires you to travel.

I love how you used the contrast of Kevin biking up a hill against his voiceover talking about diabetes. From there, you did a great job of demonstrating how Kevin used filmmaking as a medium to better his life.

Nice work!

  jschiappa Sep 10, 2015 5:11 AM

About dianteandtayo


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.