Existing Member?

Anthropology, media and arts

Documentary Scholarship 2011 entry

WORLDWIDE | Thursday, 16 June 2011 | Views [849] | Scholarship Entry

- A personal quest to get closer to the social problems that I witness in my country Colombia, but narrated from the point of view of the persons who live these experiences. These voices show the untold and human side of the violent conflict we live in.

- As a member of BioDiversa Colombia Foundation and as an anthropology student, I have had the opportunity to participate in different experiences and fieldworks that involve collaborative works with rural communities and the use of visual methodologies. This has had very positive results and feedback from the participants involved. As a result, I have reaffirmed my motivation and profound desire to continue this path.

- I firmly believe that collaborative documentaries (or visual anthropology) are an ideal path to integrate rigorous tools from social sciences and communication with other more personal and emotive interests. This allows me to reflect about and disclose the encounter with the “other” and with myself. This experience will mean a lifetime opportunity. A chance to learn from the very best of the fieldwork I intent to pursue, a unique platform to disclose my work and also an incredible opportunity to meet and share different interests and points of view.

Tags: #2011Video, Travel Documentary Scholarship 2011

About dianat


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.