Existing Member?

My Canvas

My Canvas

USA | Friday, 2 May 2014 | Views [151] | Scholarship Entry

We arrived around noon while the sun was dazing hot. One detail I won’t forget was how cool and refreshing the sand felt despite the summer heat. We arrived at our hotel, unpacked and directly head to the beach. I was a bit shy at first since the beach is almost always packed, but once you get your toes inside the water it’s like Mother Nature soothes your soul. The ocean was calm and happy as we swam.That day I found out that there is more to beauty than meets the eye, but at the same time you must respect nature. My cousin Patty was the brave one who decided to swim without sunscreen lotion; to her surprise the next day she awoke with a bright red shade with a hint of white stripes, and no I am not talking about her shirt. She was so sun burned that we had to buy some special gel so that her back would get better. As the day went dim and the sky turned orange inner beauty began to reveal itself. The most amazing thing a man can watch besides his football club win the UEFA Champions League would be a sunset on the beach while lying on the sand. At night when the crabs roamed around the shore people gathered in circles with bonfires and music played all night. Unfortunately, due to this I never got to see the sunrise the week we stayed there. Walking along the sea can cure even the grumpiest of old men. Midweek with me and my family doing pretty much the same thing every day, going for a swim, shopping and of course going out to eat. We had a rainy day set on forecast and I can say not even the thunder ruined our plans we stormed out to a restaurant and after that a pleasing rainbow was the icing on the canvas. At the time of fulfillment we tend to forget about the magic we feel, but now that I take time and reminisce about it butterflies play in my stomach and the scent of the sea comes along. The last day of my trip I spent it near the beach just staring as the ocean danced slowly. Hermit crabs waved goodbye and I greeted as the chapter slowly came to a finish.There’s just something about travelling that nourishes our peace of mind. I remember before the trip I was a bit skeptical about the whole idea, but being there I was cleansed and stress free. There’s no lengthy essay to describe the wonderful memories I made that summer vacation. Remember it’s those memories that we leave behind that encourage others and bring hope. My canvas consists of God, sunshine, laughter and love.

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About deusislife


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.