Existing Member?

unterwegs

My Scholarship entry - Giving back on the road

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [127] | Scholarship Entry

It was just like in one of One´s Republic song ¨Good life¨. I woke up in this amazing city. The difference it´s that I didn´t wake up in London, but in Barcelona. The city was exactly how I imagined it. Or even better: it was just like Carlos Ruiz Zafón was writing in one of his books ¨The Shadow of the Wind¨. It is really the city of shadows. Early in the morning the sky was gray and the rain was falling slowly. But this it was just the way the city was waking up. As time passed by the sun made his appearance and stayed for the rest of the day.
The best way of visiting this city is to take the touristic bus. You can see the three routes they have and you can hop on and off as many times as you like along the journey with the same ticket! You can visit every corner of the city you can walk you can discover places all by yourself and when you get tired you will find near a bus stop. Plus you can hear a bit of the city´s history during the way from a place to another in your own language.
There are lots of ¨to do¨ in the city, but you can´t go without seeing ¨Parc Guell¨ the Gothic Quarter and be sure not to miss the amazing Font Màgica (magic fountain) which is just below the Palau Nacional on Montjuic.
At lunchtime you would better be around the beach because it´s the best place you can enjoy your food and the view. La Rambla, Catalunya Place, Paseo de Gracia are my favourite places in Barcelona not only for the awesome architecture, but for the ¨shower of languages¨ you can have there. Plenty of tourist speaking their languages taking pictures and enjoying. So this was my perfect postcard from Barcelona.
Even if it was just an only day trip it was enough to calm my desire and to taste a bit of the city´s mystery. Barcelona in one word would be like one of those Russian dolls, you can find it all in this city: amazing architecture, awesome ambient, good food, beautiful history, stunning places to visit and surely a ¨good life¨

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About detoiamoi


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.