Existing Member?

South America...and Sweden

We made it!!

PERU | Friday, 9 July 2010 | Views [166]

Its still hard to believe that we are here in Cusco, Peru. Cindy and I have been planning this trip for months and it has finally come to fruition.

The beginning of our trip definitely started off very crazy. We were scrambling to get everything done last minute and almost missed our flight to LA. From LA we had an 8,9 hour flight to Bogota, Columbia and then from there a 3,4 hour flight to Lima Peru. Once we landed in Lima we had to wait 2 hours before we could check in for our next flight to Cusco. At this point we were both physically and mentally exhausted. We boarded the plane to Cusco and immediately fell asleep. We woke up at an airport, which we assumed was Cusco and was told to wait in the main area and we were not allowed to leave...so Cindy and I fell asleep again. LOL it was until probably 30 mins later that we realized that we had landed at the wrong airport - we were in Arequipa. We had to do a landing there because there was too much fog in Cusco.

To be continued...the internet cafe is closing down. Adios mis amigos!´

Besos,

Rosa y Cindy

 

About desertnomads


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.