Existing Member?

weird fish

Between hell and heaven

RUSSIAN FEDERATION | Thursday, 15 May 2014 | Views [121] | Scholarship Entry

Once upon a time, in a warm south city there lived a girl, whose passion was traveling and reading. She has read a lot of stories about the biggest country in the world, about its unbelievably picturesque nature and very hospitable people.
One day, the girl woke up and decided to go to the cold-cold Northen city of Perm region. She adored planes, airports, railway stations, buses, hitch hacking and all the means of traveling.
The girl flew through the half of the continent to her destination-the small village, called Kungur. But why? For what?
'Cause she adored reading. And her imagination was so vivid, that she pretended to be a Virgilius. Firstly, she visited the cave under the ground (Yeah, she really went to a real cave!) and like Dante's characters she explored everything and was so excited, that she even didn't want to return. But then she had to get out to the surface again. She walked through the village, observing everything, like a real scientist.
Suddenly, she came up to the big church. There were not so many people and the gild asked an old lady, whether she can goto the very topic the church, to see a bell and the whole village from the height. And the old lady let the girl on the top.
And again, this tiny blonde Virgilius was so excited! You can't even imagine to see Russian village in the late November. The whitest snow covers old houses and naked trees. The river has a thick ice on the surface. And all around there only churches and prisons... True Russian soul is in front of you. Beauty and despair.
The girl have never seen anything more beautiful than that!

Tags: 2014 Travel Writing Scholarship - Euro Roadtrip

About depth


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Russian Federation

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.