Existing Member?

Dave and Dee Does Toronto

My Scholarship entry - Through Local Eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 15 October 2012 | Views [559] | Scholarship Entry

Dave and I have spent a lot of time exploring international cities in the recent years, and when we worked on a video project about a local tourist spot a couple of years ago, we immediately realized that there was much more to our city than what we know and love! The best part about travelling and the best way to get to know a city is to meet and hang out with the locals, so we decided to go out and chat with them at home!

Dave works in digital media, and on the side, he’s helped produce several indie music videos, a short film, and a comedy vlog. I am in the early stages of starting a lifestyle and event videography business, and working on building a portfolio.

The two of us have been discussing an extended trip to New Zealand in the next couple of years, and we are looking to do a video series along the way. An important aspect in travel videos is being able to engage the audience, and we are certain working with Trent O’Donnell will give us so much insight into this. These skills will be very transferable for us in both our long term aspirations, and we sure could use the street cred with the travel community by winning this contest! Hope to hear from you soon!

Tags: Travel Film Scholarship 2012

About deelee

Self Portrait

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.