Existing Member?

France with the family

Too much information, my quest for simplicity

FRANCE | Sunday, 26 June 2011 | Views [450]

When did I begin to need 10 tubes of stuff for my skin?

What about the plan for the house?  Fortunately we have the best house sitter on the planet.  Kudos and thanks to Steve, he makes it easier for us to leave.  He cuts a burly figure and is like glue to the house and animals -- nonetheless, getting the house ready for a vacation takes days and even then the place looks just the same.

Then there is the too much information.  Did I really need to know that my first day in Paris would include a high temperature of 94 degrees F?  It's ruined the packing plan because now those clunky American sandals and gauche shorts look pretty good...The five books that the tour company recommended.  Do I really need another book on Joan of Arc?

It was so much easier to travel before we were all connected.  Just coordinating the power cords is like the Paris Peace Talks during the Vietnam War.  We needed a round table and no hierarchy and even then we disbanded without agreement.  One certainty, there will probably be a trip to Best Buy before the day is out.

Tags: simplicity

About debjn


Follow Me

Where I've been

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.