Existing Member?

My Journey is My Destination

My Scholarship entry - Seeing the world through other eyes

WORLDWIDE | Monday, 23 April 2012 | Views [127] | Scholarship Entry

Batu Karas is an area of the coast Tuesday with mileage quite far from the nearest town of Bandung. The beach at Batu Karas has friendly big wave and great for beginner surfer. So instead of the territories other famous surfing spot in Indonesia, Batu Karas can say a heaven for long-boarder.
Just like other regions, along with a growing number of enthusiasts surfing then the effect also on the interest of local kids to plunge into the world of surfing. Those close to the beach in addition to supplying the hobby also tried in a variety of surfing Championship, both local and international.
Over the time walking, the local kids were treated to a lifestyle of tourists but still with a culture that's been ingrained since childhood. Many of them are not in line and then move to larger cities or areas that can support her lifestyle and others stay afloat with a dream. The young who chose to wander will return to Batu Karas like sucessfully person, so many young people in Batu Karas is no longer loved or regard at the area as land of birth should be proud of.
Plus local government less organized this type of sport, just make the beach as a tourist business zone regardless of that this beach is a playground for the local surfer.

Many of this young kids who can go to overseas because of his achievements in surfing contest, but which still hang on to the end of his life just for surfing without had other plans for old age.

They felt can't open homestay or bisnis because of less fund or have its own fear will end up as the surfing guide on the rest of the life

Tags: Travel Writing Scholarship 2012

About debby_gea


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Worldwide

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.