Existing Member?

Notes and ponderings

On my way!

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 9 October 2008 | Views [556] | Comments [3]

I staggered out of my appartment with new bargain laptop bag, big red case and 2 limes.  I'd been attempting to eat my fridge empty and done a pretty good job- the limes were the only perishables left and I'd decided they could be best used by the pancake guy who sets up shop outside my apartment (weather permitting)  Perhaps I'll return to find he's started a whole new trend of pancakes with a tiwst rather than condenced milk? 

At the last minute I'd decided to bring my computer and went to Emporium for a back pack computer bag. In the department store 2 v eager sales guys showed me a super swizz army brand one with lap top compartment and space for your ipod so the chord to your ear phones can poke out of the top.  I made them get other colours but then embarassed myself when I found out the price 5000 bht was a bit too much even to protect my v valuable computer!  I wandered into a golfing shop on the off chance and to my shock found one in a much nicer colour with laptop and ipod compartments for 800bht.  Of course I might regret this when it falls appart but so far I feel pretty good with the purchase.

I do believe this is the first time I've travelled without my bag being full to the brim.  I'm going to visit Lee who I met in Melbourn for my coaching conference and she told me about the packing light system.  It was something I liked the idea of rather than adopted in its entirity.  I wasn't that pleased with my packing for India (my bag was too small so I'm really hoping I've made improvements this time!

I just had time to put the limes on the pancake man's cooking trolly (no sign of the man) when a cab came past. I'll politely call it old style.  This is the first time a) I've met a taxi driver who's not into football and B) who has a collection of toys including a pig in sunglasses on his dash board.  (presumably this improves tips?)  He took me a direct route and we were lucky the rain had come earlier so the traffic wasn't too bad. 

At the check in desk I was asked about my NZ visa.  I didn't think of getting one of those!  Hope they let me in!!  When I can find internet connection, I'll check!

I got here~ more from me tomorrow!

Comments

1

This is going to make a 'great book' what a brilliant site - looking forward to the next installment Mxxx

  Jenny Reeds Oct 10, 2008 5:41 PM

2

Reminds me of the book >...Travels do widen and broaden our lives in so many ways.
Happy Travelling! xx

  adele Leung Oct 18, 2008 1:20 PM

3

>

  adele leung Oct 18, 2008 1:21 PM

About debbie_sanook


Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.