Existing Member?

AuntiesAntics

Almost go time!

CANADA | Wednesday, 1 November 2017 | Views [611] | Comments [1]

It’s crunch time!  I am 2 weeks away from heading overseas for my next adventure.  I’ve packed and re-packed 3 times now, do I really need 24 pairs of Capri pants???  The answer is no I do not.  I have finally gotten all my travel documents, passport, travel insurance, criminal record check, vaccines, all of them, so it should be smooth sailing from here. 

This is the time when reality sets in and I realize I am going to developing countries and start to doubt myself.  I question why I am doing this, I have great friends, amazing family, a job I love and my own home. So why leave the comfort of home for the unknown???  It’s because I love to travel and in reality the world is so so much bigger than my little circle of comfort.  I know it is just nerves and such and that it will pass once I am on the plane flying away from Canada for the next 6 months, it always does. 

1st stop is the Philippines then from there it is Vietnam, Burma and Nepal.  Yes I do love Asia, it is so warm there!  I am once again going to be volunteering with special needs children in orphanages and teaching kindergarten as well.  Volunteering is one of the most amazing, enjoyable things I’ve ever done in my life, it is also one of the best and safest ways for a solo female traveller to travel.  

I will be writing about my work, the children, the countries I am going to, about all the adventures I do along the way, and I will do my best not bore you with it all.

 

Comments

1

DONT GO

  P Nov 7, 2017 7:00 AM

About deanneandwilbur


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Canada

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.