Existing Member?

Travels

Yumani

BOLIVIA | Wednesday, 12 September 2007 | Views [1038]

The little village at the top of the "Incan Stairway" is called Yumani - it is picturesque with lovely views across to the Isla del Mond and beyond to the mountains in Bolivia.

After the long trek the previous day and with the altitude and cold giving us headaches we decided against the day long walk towards Chicina to the museum and that famous stone where the first Inca arose from, prefering to return to the dock and take a boat. Unfortunately by the time we had breakfast and made our way back down the stairway the morning compatido (shared boat) had left and alas a privately chartered boat was out of our price range.

So we spent the afternoon relaxing on the grass, reading and watching the various other boats come and go. Eventually we got a boat back to Copacabana - it was surprisingly slow and cold, but pleasant enough with the same lovely views.

We managed to negotiate a very good price at our old hotel (by threatening to leave) and after dinner had a reasonably early night in prepartion for a long bus ride the next day.

  

Tags: relaxation

About dean_ian


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Bolivia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.