Existing Member?

Travels

Hostal Cloud Forest, Chugchilan

ECUADOR | Tuesday, 21 August 2007 | Views [1934] | Comments [1]

It was freezing in Quilatoa when we awoke and we had very little to do but wait around until the midday bus. We were still a little fatigued from the walk yesterday and dissappointed that he breakfast was even worse than the day before. There was no bread at all as the the morning bus had not arrived.

The friendly van driver who had brought us there the previous day arrived with the new days load and offered to take us on to Chugchilan for $30, but we decided to wait for the bus ($2). About ten minutes before the bus arrived the cost dropped to $6 for the van - which we decided to take as it was much more comfortable and faster than the crowded local bus on the bumpy roads.

The van left us at the "Hostal Cloud Forest" which we assumed was another friend of his - so we were a little reluctant to stay there after our experiences with the food in Quilatoa. However our fears were unfounded as the rooms were reasonable and food and atmosphere sensational.

The cost included full board and the couple who owned it prided themselves on their hospitality. The wife was studying to be a chef and made the delicious meals, while the husband (the "host") was telling stories and selling tours. A group of local children in traditional costumes performed an enchanting "ribbon" dance cleverly weaving an interesting pattern around a pole. It was a pleasant evening and a good strategy for the hostal as it not only kept the clients there in the evening (and buying drinks etc) but kept the children active and busy and their earned some tips from the grateful guests.

 

  

 

 

Tags: culture

Comments

1

Sres quiero la informacion,tarifas y lo que incluye soy de la agencia

  Nelson Pastuña Nov 14, 2007 8:10 AM

About dean_ian


Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Ecuador

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.