Existing Member?

Baltics, Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia

Getting to the Baltics Warsaw, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia

LATVIA | Sunday, 20 June 2010 | Views [203]

Did you know that the great European wide network of trains do not continue in to the Baltics. In Northern Europe sandwichd between Scandinavia and Poland is a jewel of Europe. So would say the Baltics is the heart of Europe.The languages are the oldest European languages and architecture is some of the best, if not the best in Europe.

To get in to Lithuania you catch a bus from Warsaw to Kaunas in Lithuania. From there you either go east 100km to Vilnius, North 200km direct to Riga in Latvia, or my pick is East 150km to Klaipeda in Lithuania.

The buses are regular, The roads are very good. Accommodation is easy to find. In Klaipeda the nearest hostel is at the Klaipeda bus station. In Klaipeda is a port city that you could spend three days at if you included going to the Fraser Island styled Nida.


From Klaipeda you catch a bus to Liepaja in Latvia and stay at the www.beachhostel.lv that is Aussie owned.

See their You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e37STwsxFrk&feature=related 

Liepaja I think has the best night life in all of the Baltics. It is famous for its rock music as well as a massive Beach Party once a year. In 2010 the Beach Party starts July 22nd and runs for 3 days with 50,000 people attending.


Then a bus to Riga. I have stayed at www.funkyhostel.com that is also Aussie owned and loved it. Great location with the possibility to get a good nights sleep.

See You Tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEsuYiw5v0E


More later

Tags: kaunas, klaipeda, latvia, liepaja, lithuania, riga, warsaw

 

About dean88


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Latvia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.