Existing Member?

25 and Under...and 23...and 22 I'm trekking southern Australia in the World Nomads Ambassador van with my little brother & his girlfriend. This should be interesting.

Leaving Sydney...Again

AUSTRALIA | Tuesday, 29 January 2008 | Views [1145]

Showing my honorary Aussie pride.

Showing my honorary Aussie pride.

Day 19

Short day….

July 4 is my favorite holiday at home. Summer barbeques, beach parties, free music, fireworks — you can’t beat it. Yeah, I was pretty sure I’d like Australia Day.

Exhausted from Big Day Out, I took my time getting out for the day. Not the best idea. By the time I got to the Triple J Hottest 100 countdown party in The Domain they were down to #8 and the place was packed. I did make it just in time to see Daniel Johns come out right before Silverchair nabbed the #2 spot. Wayfarers on; of course. Despite all the talk of Silverchair for #1, Muse took the spot. The Domain cleared out pretty soon afterward, and by 8 p.m. I was somehow on a train to Cronulla for a raging beach party.

To my later regret, I had no clue where Cronulla was. Little did I know, it was about an hour’s drive from Sydney, even longer on the train. We made it to the party, which was actually raging, but of course missed the last train back to the city.

Purely thanks to an extremely nice Sutherlander who drove us to said town to catch a taxi, we made it home 3 hours later at 4 a.m. I promptly passed out and slept until 5:00 p.m. Sunday. Not bad for a first Australia Day, I’d say!

Day 20

So, again, exhausted from Big Day Out and now even more so from my Australia Day adventure to Cronulla the night before, I knew today would be a day of rest. That’s exactly why I decided to head down to the beach for a quiet get together with a few friends from Sydney.

What I didn’t know was the Beach Road Hotel was having the biggest party in Bondi. What can I say, what was supposed to be a quiet evening turned into another huge night and I made it home sometime in the early morning hours.
I felt like a good Australian, but heck, the city was taking it out of me.

Tomorrow I’d be on the road once more…

Day 21

And now here I sit, on the road, in Nomalita, next to another gorgeous beach in New South Wales. We’re in Bouddhi National Park (I had to come purely because it was called Booty Park), and I’m now in the van with one of my first and best friends here, Kiwi Daniel. I met Daniel way back when in October, at the Scary Canary bar in Sydney. We met because I’m 5’ and he’s 6’5’’ and I happily stood on a chair to talk to him. Even during my Two months away traveling, we always kept in touch, and now he’s here to drive the last 9 days with me and the van.

No idea where the road will take us…just North for now!

Tags: ambassador van, i should have known better!

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.