Existing Member?

Asia Tour 2009 We are no where near Kansas!

Thursday 6/4 – Last Morning In Sing

SINGAPORE | Friday, 5 June 2009 | Views [306] | Comments [1]

Kali-graphy

There was just enough time in the morning to visit one more Hindu Temple. This one is dedicated to the goddess Kali. She is the creator and destroyer. She has multiple arms and far reaching influence. We arrived at morning prayers. A drummer and horn player provided a haunting tune while the holy men of the temple prepared offerings. We did not want to intrude, but were welcomed inside the sanctuary. The ceremony captured our hearts and brought tears to our eyes. Spirituality comes in many forms but the same chill runs down your spine when you feel the presence of a deity.  Bankok or Bust Singapore’s Changi airport is all that it is reported to be. Everything is beautifully appointed and almost all forms of entertainment are free of charge. We saw a movie theater, video game arcade, gym and sunflower garden; all in the transit lounge. You can even check into a transit hotel if you need to rest while waiting for your next flight. Our friend Skip who has retired in Bankok and his Thai friend Aek met us at the airport and arranged for taxis to our hotel. He even provided us with a cell phone with preprogrammed numbers. We can call the police, an attorney, him and Aek at the push of a button!

Comments

1

Dawn and Pat, Thank you so much for sharing the photos and trip journal entries. I would have never known what to imagine about Asia without your picture and words. It's great to know that you are loving your travel time. See you when you get back.

  Lana Jun 7, 2009 4:34 AM

About dawn_n_pat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Singapore

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.