Existing Member?

Asia Tour 2009 We are no where near Kansas!

Tuesday 6/2 – Chilling and Chili Crab

USA | Thursday, 4 June 2009 | Views [479]

It was definitely time to take a little chill pill. The riggers of heavy walking and eating were catching up to us and our aircon went out in the middle of the night. We had to head into the living room to get cooled off. In fact, we did so little that neither of us can remember much about it. The chilling continued at the pool. Pat splashed around in the beautiful blue lap pool and I just drank beer on the sidelines ☺. Not much to say here people. No one should ever visit Singapore without at least trying the Chili Crab. At the Jumbo Seafood Restaurant in Clarks Key they keep the live Sri Lankan caught crab in huge tanks until it is time to say “night-night.” The crab arrives at your table in a large cast iron pot covered in sweet spicy gravy. The body is similar to a Dungeness but the claws – are the size of a medium Russet potato. Pat made the yummy sounds for sure here!! We also had Black Pepper Crab and two side dishes. We barely noticed the pricey lobster and dragon fruit salad. Avoid the Night Zoo It would have been fun if we could have actually seen an animal. It smelled and there were too many people.

About dawn_n_pat


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.